Mold Removal in Kenosha
Kenosha Mold Removal Experts
Need mold removal in Kenosha? Don’t let it spread! Learn more about mold, how it develops, and the associated health risks below and contact The Dry Guys today to get your mold problem taken care of!
As the leading experts in mold removal in Kenosha, we feel it is important that you are familiar with the problem you are fighting. Mold is a naturally occurring fungus and is found both indoors & outdoors. It produces spores, which act like seeds that can spread through the air and produce new mold growth in the right conditions. Unfortunately, the only thing needed to allow for the growth of this fungus is moisture and a food source, mold can grow on almost anywhere including places that you do not often visit or see. That is why you need the Kenosha pros for mold removal.
Mold removal in your Kenosha residence is crucial because mold can commonly be found in homes where moisture is most likely to be found: bathrooms, basements, around leaky appliances, laundry rooms, or areas with slow leaks in plumbing or cracks in the foundation. If we do not control the leaking of water, there will be a perfect breeding ground for mold and all of the accompanying problems associated with an influx of mold. If you have sustained water damage in your Kenosha home that was not properly addressed, this is a likely area for mold growth. Follow your nose because a musty odor may signal first the sign of mold.
Some molds can cause respiratory problems or allergic reactions, and can be especially challenging for people who already have allergies, asthma or other breathing problems. There are certain types of mold that are toxic and poisonous.
DO NOT DISTURB THE MOLD BEFORE UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU’RE UP AGAINST.
This is a perfect reason to call the professions for mold removal in Kenosha. Mold spores to spread and further exacerbate the problem if not addressed immediately. Any mold that is mishandled, or left unaddressed can become a serious and costly concern. If you find mold in your home, call “the dry guys” first to discuss what you are seeing. We will determine if an in-home inspection is necessary and will recommend the best method for cleaning and removal of the mold.
TEN REASONS TO CALL THE EXPERTS FOR MOLD REMOVAL IN KENOSHA
from the EPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency)
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60% ) to decrease mold growth by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.