Has Water Damaged your Kenosha Home?
Choose a Flood Cleanup Crew Wisely
If you have flood damage or other water damage in your home, do you know who to call? A disaster clean up crew might be as near as your local carpet cleaner! They already know how to deal with the extraction of excess water, so choosing them to handle your flood recovery process is the smart thing to do.
You want a company that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They should also be experienced in handling extensive water and flood damage, and should be capable of coordinating with your insurance company.
The Dry Guys are fully prepared to handle anything from a accidental tub overflow that soaks your upstairs bedroom to a serious natural event that could leave your home utterly waterlogged.
The first thing you should know is that water damage gets worse with every moment that passes. The very first thing you should do is call for help – our team can guide you through the crucial first few steps.
- Locate the source of the water. If there is a flood, this may be obvious! If you don’t know where water is coming from, call us and we may be able to help you find the source.
- Determine what kind of water is present. Water from a tap overflow is generally safe. Water from a broken waterbed, fish aquarium, or toilet overflow could be harmful. Water from flooding could contain bacteria and even sewage. If raw sewage is present, stay away!
- Use caution. Hardwood, tile and laminate flooring can be slippery, but most people don’t realize how slick wet carpet can be also. Be aware of electrical hazards, and don’t try to use appliances, outlets or even ceiling lights or fans in affected rooms.
- If the water is not a health hazard, get furniture out as soon as possible. The same goes for valuables, books, and anything else that can be damaged by the water. Or that might not be color fast (rugs, clothing, anything fabric or with ink.)
- Call your insurance company and verify coverage.
A good flood restoration company will answer the phone at any time of the day or night, and put you in touch with an expert. They will arrive in your home to start water clean up within a few hours at most to minimize damage. They will also provide you with an itemized inspection and detail the steps which should be taken to restore your home, as well as work with your insurance to ensure you get full advantage of your coverage.