Flooding can happen to anyone, no matter where you live or how hard you try to avoid it. Water has a way of getting everywhere, especially the places you don’t want it to be, and it can be a challenge trying to recover from a burst pipe, heavy rains, or just spring flooding.
While it may seem reasonable to just dry out the water with house-fans and dehumidifiers, this is not the optimal solution and can lead to wood rot, compromised drywall, and mold, as well as harmful pathogens left behind in your floors, carpets, and upholstery. Even if the water is from a clean pipe, the water can still pick up contaminants and become a breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
With a reliable water remediation service, you can dry your carpet and floors, and rest easy knowing you don’t have a future case of rot or mold in your future. There are a number of steps in the process, and every single one is important in making sure your house fully recovers from water damage.
- Pump out the water. If you’re looking at several inches of water, this step is the most important. Standing water can cause the most damage, and carry pathogens than can make you or your loved ones sick.
- Extract excess water. Whether it’s from carpet, padding, and furniture, our equipment can safely remove the water and get you one step closer towards a dry home.
- Dry out the house. With powerful, industrial fans, we can ensure that any remaining water will be dried out before it can stagnate and breed mold.
- Even the water you can’t see or feel can be a problem. Our powerful dehumidifiers will make sure that all of the water will be removed, even the water lingering in the air.
- Arguably the most important step, but this part of the process ensures that any existing bacteria or mold spores are safely removed.
- Removing odors and stains. Ruined furniture and carpet is probably the most distressing thing about water damage, but with our current technology, we can save a lot of items that might have been previously tossed out.
- Safe, secure waste disposal. We will take out the waste and contaminated water and make sure that you and your loved ones won’t come into contact with it.
If you have ever experienced water damage, you already know you need professional help. Whether it’s a basement leak, a spring flood, or just a burst pipe, The Dry Guys can help you get back on your feet.